Wednesday, March 10, 2010

January Paper Shipments Up

The official American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA) released final figures for January and confirmed Printing and Writing paper shipments were up 8.9% (vs. January 2009).
Highlights of January (versus JAN 2009 report include-
-Coated Papers up 14.6%
-Uncoated Mechanical up 28.3%
-Uncoated Freesheet up 1.9%
-USA Purchases (shipments and imports less exports) up 4%
Inventories of Printing and Writing rose 1%, up 9800 tons from December 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

January up, yes, but compare to a very very bad 2008.

Anonymous said...

I am a printer. I can see and feel the back logs expand. Lots of talk from my paper salesman about paper prices going up. I wish I could say my back logs are also expanding.
Question to other printers - what are your back logs doing? If paper dates advancing, one has to assume our printing dates are also expanding??????? Comments